Revision as of 10:53, 10 August 2010 by Mithbot
Events which occurred on 11 January.
- 1963 - Jason Connery, who would voice Captain Carthedan in The Rise of the Witch-king, is born.
- 1966 - Robert Farquharson, who played Saruman and Denethor in The Lord of the Rings (1955 radio series), dies.
- 1992 - On the occasion of J.R.R. Tolkien's hundredth birthday, an International Tolkien Symposium is held in Aachen, (Federal Republic of) Germany.
- 1995 - Peter Pratt, who played Balin in The Hobbit (1968 radio series), dies.
- 1999 - Novelist and poet Naomi Mitchison, letter receiver of J.R.R. Tolkien, dies.