Revision as of 15:48, 8 June 2011 by Mith
Events which occurred on 11 January.
- 1963 - Jason Connery, who would voice Captain Carthedan in The Rise of the Witch-king, is born.
- 1966 - Robert Farquharson, who played Saruman and Denethor in the 1955 radio series of The Lord of the Rings, dies.
- 1992 - On the occasion of J.R.R. Tolkien's hundredth birthday, an International Tolkien Symposium is held in Aachen, Germany.
- 1995 - Peter Pratt, who played Balin in the 1968 radio series of The Hobbit, dies.
- 1999 - Novelist and poet Naomi Mitchison, letter receiver of J.R.R. Tolkien, dies.