Revision as of 18:19, 8 June 2011 by Mith
Events which occurred on 12 August
- 1911 - Felix Felton, who would play several characters in the 1955 radio series of The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 1915 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 5.
- 1944 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 78.
- 1959 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 216.
- 1978 - Mythcon IX.
- 1983 - Mythcon XIV.
- 1984 - Mythcon XV.
- 2004 - Peter Woodthorpe, who voiced Gollum in both the 1978 animate film and the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings, dies.
- 2005 - The Tolkien Society's Tolkien 2005 conference in Birmingham.
- 2011 - Omentielva Cantea, Fourth International Conference on Tolkien's Invented Languages in Valencia, Spain.