(Difference between revisions)
m (Changed "BBC 4" to "BBC Radio 4")
m (Bot Message: putting <noinclude> around categories.)
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Revision as of 10:50, 10 August 2010
Events which occurred on 16 August.
- 1920 - Max Schuchart, who would be the first to translate The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 1943 - Sharon Baird, the character actor for Frodo in Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 1964 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 260.
- 1981 - The twenty-fourth episode of the radio adaptation of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
- 1992 - The first part of the radio adaptation of Farmer Giles of Ham is aired on BBC Radio 5.
- 2002 - The Annotated Hobbit: Revised and Expanded Edition is published.