Revision as of 00:07, 29 March 2011 by KingAragorn Bot
Events which occurred on 16 August.
- 1920 - Max Schuchart, who would be the first to translate The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 1943 - Sharon Baird, the character actor for Frodo in The Lord of the Rings (1978 film), is born.
- 1964 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 260.
- 1981 - The twenty-fourth episode of the radio adaptation of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
- 1992 - The first part of the radio adaptation of Farmer Giles of Ham is aired on BBC Radio 5.
- 2002 - The Annotated Hobbit: Revised and Expanded Edition is published.