Revision as of 18:30, 17 April 2009 by Ederchil
Events which occurred on 16 August.
- 1920 - Max Schuchart, who would be the first to translate The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- '1943 - Sharon Baird, the character actor for Frodo in Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 1964 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 260.
- 1981 - The twenty-fourth episode of the radio adaptation of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC 4.
- 1992 - The first part of the radio adaptation of Farmer Giles of Ham is aired on BBC 5.