(Difference between revisions)
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
Revision as of 13:36, 11 April 2009
Events which occurred on 17 December.
- 1910 – J.R.R. Tolkien is awarded an Open Classical Exhibition for classical languages to Exeter College.
- 1944 - Bernard Hill, who would play Théoden in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 1972 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 347.
- 2003 – Peter Jackson's The Return of the King premieres in Wellington, New Zealand.
- 2003 - Alan Tilvern, who voiced "Innkeeper" in Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, dies.