Revision as of 19:46, 8 June 2011 by Mith
Events which occurred on 17 December.
- 1910 – J.R.R. Tolkien is awarded an Open Classical Exhibition for classical languages to Exeter College.
- 1944 - Bernard Hill, who would play Théoden in The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy, is born.
- 1972 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 347.
- 2003 – The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King premieres in Wellington, New Zealand.
- 2003 - Alan Tilvern, who voiced "Innkeeper" in The Lord of the Rings (1978 film), dies.