Revision as of 14:08, 3 June 2011 by Mithbot
Events which occurred on 18 April.
- 1917 - J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Wiseman, the Great Twin Brethren, meet in Harrogate, and discuss the fate of the Barrovians and the future of the Society.
- 1930 - Clive Revill, who would voice Thorin Oakenshield in the 2003 video game of The Hobbit, is born.
- 1944 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 61.
- 1945 - Karen Wynn Fonstad, amateur cartographer, is born.
- 1955 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 162.
- 1984 - Francis de Wolff, who voiced Smaug in the 1968 radio series of The Hobbit, dies.
- 2007 - The fourth and final day of The Children of Húrin Release Party, hosted by Tolkien Gateway.
- There are no known events for this day.