Revision as of 18:18, 17 May 2010 by Ederchil
- ? - The Tolkiens go to holiday in Switzerland, where Ronald (alledgedly) finds a postcard of Der Berggeist.
- 12 - Felix Felton, who would play Bilbo Baggins, the Black Captain and Sauron in The Lord of the Rings (1955 radio series), is born.
- 3 - Michael Hordern, who would voice Gandalf in the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien creates the Tea Club and Barrovian Society at grammar school.
- ? - Tolkien's first poem, The Battle of the Eastern Field, is published in the chronicle of King Edward's School.
- ? - J.A.W. Bennett, Inkling, born in New Zealand.
1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914