Revision as of 15:22, 15 May 2010 by Morgan
- ? - Earliest "evidence" of Tolkien working on "fairy language".
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien write the poem Goblin Feet.
- 10 - Exams start at Oxford University. Because of the war, only Tolkien and 24 others remain in the entire University. Tolkien passes.
- 28 - Tolkien applies at the Oxford recruiting office to join the army.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien is awarded First Class Honours degree in English Language and Literature.
- 15 - Tolkien is commissioned as a second lieutenant of the 13th Battalion Lancashire Fusiliers, and begins training at Bedford.
- 21 - G.B. Smith is shipped to France.
- ? - The poem Goblin Feet is published.
1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918