Revision as of 19:14, 7 June 2011 by Mithbot
- 12 - Tolkien's leave of absence (to recover from his trench fever) ends, but he is far from recovered.
- 23 - J.R.R. Tolkien faces a Medical Board in Birmingham, but he is not deemed fit to return to war.
- 15 - Hans Conried, who would voice Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit (1977 film), is born.
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Wiseman, the Great Twin Brethren, meet in Harrogate, and discuss the fate of the Barrovians and the future of the Society.
- 19 - J.R.R. Tolkien, in revalidation, is assigned to the Humber Garrison, but is not fit enough.
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien is considered fit for service again, but he is not reassigned to the Lancashire Fusilliers.
- 18 - Richard Boone, who would voice Smaug in The Hobbit (1977 film), is born.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien succumbs to gastritis while at Brocton Camp.
- 14 - John Justin, who would play Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit (1968 radio series), is born.
- 16 - The Tolkien's first son, John, is born.
1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920