Revision as of 22:20, 2 May 2009 by Ederchil
- 12 - Tolkien's leave of absence (to recover from his trench fever) ends, but he is far from recovered.
- 27 - J.R.R. Tolkien faces his third Medical Board, and again his leave is extended.
- 15 - Hans Conried, who would voice Thorin Oakenshield in Rankin/Bass' The Hobbit, is born.
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Wiseman, the Great Twin Brethren, meet in Harrogate, and discuss the fate of the Barrovians and the future of the Society.
- 19 - J.R.R. Tolkien, in revalidation, is assigned to the Humber Garrison, but is not fit enough.
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien is considered fit for service again, but he is not reassigned to the Lancashire Fusilliers.
- 18 - Richard Boone, who would voice Smaug in Rankin/Bass' The Hobbit, is born.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien succumbs to gastritis while at Brocton Camp.
- 1 - "Tea Cake" Barnsley is killed in Ypres, Belgium.
- 13 - J.R.R. Tolkien is found unfit for duty for six months, but able to do a desk job.
- 14 - John Justin, who would play Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit (1968 radio series), is born.
- 16 - The Tolkien's first son, John, is born.
1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920