Revision as of 22:41, 7 March 2009 by Ederchil
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien recovers from his trench fever to the degree that he can do home service. He is promoted to full lieutenant.
- 2 - Roger Lancelyn Green, Inkling, is born.
- 5 - Alan Tilvern, who would voice the "Innkeeper" in Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 11 - The War comes to an end.
- ? - Tolkien is accepted as a junior staff member of the New English Dictionary, later called the Oxford English Dictionary. He worked with words beginning with the letter "w".
1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921