Revision as of 00:01, 30 December 2011 by Morgan
- 4 - C.S. Lewis writes to lifelong friend Arthur Greeves on The Hobbit, saying "Since term began [on January 15] I have had a delightful time reading a children's story which Tolkien has just written . . . Whether it is really good (I think it is until the end) is of course another question: still more, whether it will succeed with modern children" (They Stand Together, collected letters from Lewis to Greeves, ed. Walter Hooper, No. 183).
- 24 - Verlyn Flieger is born.
- 2 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
- 21 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
- ? - Michael McStay, who would voice Ceorl in the 1981 radio series, is born in Essex, England.
- ? - Michael Deacon, who would voice Gríma Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings (1978 film), is born.
- ? - Bernie Zuber, author and artist, is born.
1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936