Revision as of 22:40, 4 June 2010 by Morgan
- 17 - David Buck, who would voice Gimli in Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 30 - Rayner Unwin, aged 10, writes a "Report on the Hobbit".
- 25 - J.R.R. Tolkien delivers the lecture "Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics" to the British Academy.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien delivers the lecture "Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics" before the British Academy.
- ? - Allen and Unwin read the manuscript of The Hobbit and suggest that he complete it.
- ? - Songs for the Philologists is published.
- ? - German translator Hans J. Schütz is born.
1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939