Revision as of 14:54, 9 June 2011 by Mithbot
- 1 - Wolfgang Krege, German translator, is born.
- 2 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 35.
- 10 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 36.
- 1 - David Weatherley, who would play Barliman Butterbur in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, is born.
- 8 - Tolkien delivers his lecture "On Fairy-Stories" at St. Andrew's University, Scotland.
- 27-29 - J.R.R. Tolkien completes three days' training with the top-secret Government Code and Cypher School (GCCS) at their London headquarters.
- 25 - Ian McKellen, who would play Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy, is born.
- 6 - Gordon Reid, who would provide the voices of several characters in The Lord of the Rings radio series, is born.
- 19 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 37.
- 24 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
- ? - Rehabilitations and Other Essays by C.S. Lewis, which includes references to J.R.R. Tolkien, is published.
1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942