Revision as of 14:26, 28 April 2008 by Ederchil
- ? - Leaf by Niggle is published in the Dublin Review.
- 18 - Karen Wynn Fonstad, amateur cartographer, is born.
- 2 - J.R.R. Tolkien submits The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth, Beorhthelm's Son for publication.
- ? - The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun is published in the Welsh Review.
- ? - Tolkien is elected Merton Professor of English Language and Literature.
- ? - Tolkien states he is putting The Lord of the Rings "before all else".
- ? - Jane Chance is born.
1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948