Revision as of 21:02, 7 March 2009 by Ederchil
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 95.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 96.
- ? - Leaf by Niggle is published in the Dublin Review.
- 18 - Karen Wynn Fonstad, amateur cartographer, is born.
- 15 - Charles Williams, Inkling, dies.
- 15 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 99.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 100.
- 9 - As the bombs are dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Tolkien denounces these tactics as "utter folly".
- 17 - Bruce Spence, who would play the Mouth of Sauron in the extended edition of Peter Jackson's The Return of the King, is born.
- 7 - Author Hal Colebatch is born.
- 11 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 103.
- 22 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 104.
- 26 - Jane Chance is born.
- 2 - J.R.R. Tolkien submits The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth, Beorhthelm's Son for publication.
- ? - The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun is published in the Welsh Review.
- ? - Tolkien is elected Merton Professor of English Language and Literature.
- ? - Tolkien states he is putting The Lord of the Rings "before all else".
1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948