Revision as of 19:13, 8 July 2010 by Morgan
- 5 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 108.
- 19 - Author and scholar Colin Duriez is born.
- 28 - Rayner Unwin reports on the first version of The Fellowship of the Ring.
- 31 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 109.
- 20 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 110.
- 21 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 111.
- 26 - Graham Faulkner, who would voice Déagol, Bill Ferny and an Orc Captain in the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- ? - The first translation of one of J.R.R. Tolkien's works, The Hobbit (as Hompen), is published.
- ? - Ruth S. Noel is born.
- ? - David Day is born.
- ? - Peter Kjærulff is born.
1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950