Revision as of 11:58, 18 May 2013 by Morgan
- 7 - The Inklings have dinner at C.S. Lewis' house, in the company of Dr. Firor of John Hopkins University. The evening was described by Tolkien as "like a glimpse of old times: quiet and rational (since Hugo was not asked)."
- 10 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 132.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 134.
- 30 - Translator Helmut W. Pesch is born.
- Late - J.R.R. Tolkien visits George Sayer. Sayer makes an audio recording of Tolkien singing and reading excerpts from his works (e.g., Namárië, listen here).
- 17 - J.R.R. Tolkien is appointed supervisor of T.P. Dunning's thesis.
- 24 - Tolkien writes letter 135.
- ? - Artist Stephen Raw, who would be commissioned to redraw the maps for the revised 1994 edition of The Lord of the Rings, is born.
1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955