Revision as of 15:13, 9 June 2011 by Mithbot
- 7 - Marquette University acquires many of Tolkien's manuscripts for 1,500 pounds.
- 24 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 199.
- 25 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 200.
- 26 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Deirdre Levinson.
- 2 - Professor William Craigie, Tolkien's predecessor as Rawlinson and Bosworth Professor of Anglo-Saxon, dies.
- 7 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 201.
- 11 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 202.
- ? - Scholar Christopher Mitchell is born.
- ? - The Lord of the Rings is awarded the International Fantasy Award.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Przemyslaw Mroczkowski.
- ? - Beregond, Anders Stenström, scholar of J.R.R. Tolkien, is born.
1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960