Revision as of 13:38, 8 March 2009 by Ederchil
- 28 - J.R.R. Tolkien is invited by the Dutch publisher Het Spectrum to attend a "Hobbit Dinner" in Rotterdam. Tolkien is especially delighted by the "maggot soup" and the three barrels of tobacco he receives. Author Hella Haasse gives a speech.
- 8 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letters 206 and 207.
- 10 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 208.
- 12 - Tony Oliver, who would voice Merry in The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring, is born.
- 14 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 211.
- 20 - Viggo Mortensen, who would play Aragorn in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 25 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 213.
- ? - Taum Santoski, Tolkien linguist, is born.
1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961