Revision as of 17:53, 24 May 2010 by Pinkkeith
- 12 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 237.
- 15 - Tom Kane, who would voice Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (video game), is born.
- 2 - J.R.R. and Edith Tolkien make a trip to Bournemouth.
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 238.
- 20 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 239.
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 240.
- 31 - Dee Bradley Baker, who would provide various voices to video games, is born.
- 8 - J.R.R. Tolkien begins writing letter 241.
- 20 - Cartoonist Bill Amend is born.
- ? - Matt Blessing, the head of Marquette University archives, is born.
- 22 - The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is published.
- 22 – A review in The Listener calls The Adventures of Tom Bombadil "close to genius".
- 23 - The literary supplement of The Times runs a review of The Adventures of Tom Bombadil.
- 28 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 242.
- ? - Tolkien's edition of the Middle English Ancrene Wisse, titled The English Text of the Ancrene Riwle, is published.
- ? - Henry Gee is born.
1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965