Revision as of 11:25, 29 July 2010 by Ederchil
- 12 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 237.
- 15 - Actor Tom Kane is born.
- ? - Actress Tatyana Yassukovich is born.
- 2 - J.R.R. and Edith Tolkien make a trip to Bournemouth.
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 238.
- 20 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 239.
- 8 - J.R.R. Tolkien begins writing letter 241.
- 20 - Cartoonist Bill Amend is born.
- ? - Matt Blessing, the head of Marquette University archives, is born.
- 22 - The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is published.
- 22 – A review in The Listener calls The Adventures of Tom Bombadil "close to genius".
- 23 - The literary supplement of The Times runs a review of The Adventures of Tom Bombadil.
- 28 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 242.
- ? - Tolkien's edition of the Middle English Ancrene Wisse, titled The English Text of the Ancrene Riwle, is published.
- ? - Henry Gee is born.
1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965