Revision as of 17:56, 24 May 2010 by Pinkkeith
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 315.
- 13 - Tom Shippey, then a young academic at the University of Birmingham, receives a letter from J.R.R. Tolkien after giving a speech at a Tolkien-themed convention.
- 18 - Author and scholar Ármann Jakobsson is born.
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 317.
- 12 - Craig Parker, who would play Haldir and provide the voice of Gothmog in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 22 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 318.
- ? - The staff of the Oxford English Dictionary compiles an entry for "hobbit".
1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973