Revision as of 23:29, 21 May 2012 by Morgan
- You may also be looking for Third Age 1973.
- 3 - A tobacco bill is submitted to J.R.R. Tolkien, on which he scribbles a note.
- 6 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 348.
- 8 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 349.
- 8 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Clyde S. Kilby.
- 16 - J.R.R. Tolkien takes a holiday to Bournemouth.
- 24 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 350.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 351.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Philip Brown.
- 4 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 353.
- 9 - The last fotograph of J.R.R. Tolkien is taken, in front of his favourite tree, the Pinus Nigra, at the botanic garden in Oxford.
- 17-20 - Mythcon IV.
- 24 - Actress Grey DeLisle is born.
- 28 - J.R.R. Tolkien takes a holiday to visit friends in Bournemouth.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 354, the last letter to be included in The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien lunches with Robert Murray (and possibly others).
- 2 - After visiting friends in Bournemouth, J.R.R. Tolkien becomes ill and dies, at the age of eighty-one. He is buried next to his wife, Edith.
- 6 - A requiem Mass for J.R.R. Tolkien is held in the Church of St Anthony of Padua in Headington, Oxford. Father Robert Murray assists.
- 28 - The National Review publishes an article on J.R.R. Tolkien's death.
- 29 - W.H. Auden, long time friend of Tolkien, dies.
- ? - Mythprint (Vol.8, No.3), including a letter from J.R.R. Tolkien to Joan O. Falconer, is published.
- ? - Rosfrith Murray, friend of J.R.R. Tolkien, dies.
- ? - Funeral Customs in Tolkien's Trilogy is published.
- ? - R.B. McCallum, Inkling, dies.
- ? - The J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar 1973 released.
1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976