Revision as of 13:22, 10 March 2009 by Ederchil
- You may also be looking for Third Age 1973.
- 16 - J.R.R. Tolkien takes a holiday to Bournemouth.
- 24 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 350.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 351.
- 4 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 353.
- 9 - The last fotograph of J.R.R. Tolkien is taken, in front of his favourite tree, the Pinus Nigra, at the botanic garden in Oxford.
- 17-20 - Mythcon IV.
- 24 - Grey DeLisle, who would voice various parts in Sierra's The Hobbit, is born.
- 28 - J.R.R. Tolkien takes a holiday to visit friends in Bournemouth.
- 29 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 354, the last letter to be included in The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- 2 - After visiting friends in Bournemouth, J.R.R. Tolkien becomes ill and dies, at the age of eighty-one. He is buried next to his wife, Edith.
- 28 - The National Review publishes an article on J.R.R. Tolkien's death.
- 29 - W.H. Auden, long time friend of Tolkien, dies.
- ? - Funeral Customs in Tolkien's Trilogy is published.
- ? - R.B. McCallum, Inkling, dies.
- ? - The J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar 1973 released.
1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976