Revision as of 20:04, 22 June 2010 by Morgan
- 13- Orlando Bloom, who would play Legolas in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, is born in Canterbury.
- 16 - Emiliana Torrini, the artist who perfomed "Gollum's Song" in Peter Jackson's The Two Towers, is born.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography is published.
- 26-29 - Mythcon VIII.
- 1 - Cliffs Notes on Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit is published.
- 15 - The Silmarillion is published by Christopher Tolkien.
- 23-25 - Oxonmoot 1977.
- 27 - Rankin/Bass' The Hobbit is released on VHS in the United States.
- ? - Adam Fox, Inkling, dies.
- ? - The American Hobbit Association is founded.
- ? - Artist Anke Eißmann is born.
- ? - 1977 J.R.R. Tolkien Calendar is released.
- ? - The Lord of the Rings 1977 Calendar is released.
- ? - The Calendar of Imladris 1977 is released.
- ? - Middle Earth: The World of Tolkien Illustrated is published.
- ? - The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien: A Brief Account of the Book and its Making, a pamphlet by Christopher Tolkien, is published.
1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980