Revision as of 19:07, 24 July 2011 by Mith
- 24 - The Book of Lost Tales Part 1, the first book of The History of Middle-earth, is published in the US.
- 27 - Michael Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien's second son, dies.
- ? - Fantasists on Fantasy: A Collection of Critical Reflections by Eighteen Masters of the Art, including two works by J.R.R. Tolkien, is published.
- ? - Johan de Meij begins work on his Symphony No. 1 "The Lord of the Rings"
- ? - Jane Johnson becomes Publisher of the Tolkien list at Allen and Unwin, Unwin Hyman and HarperCollins.
- ? - Åke Ohlmarks, Swedish translator, dies.
- ? - Moria: The Dwarven City is published.
- ? - Rangers of the North (book) is published.
- ? - Bree and the Barrow-Downs is published.
- ? - Dagorlad and the Dead Marshes is published.
- ? - The Tower of Cirith Ungol and Shelob's Lair is published.
- ? - Hillmen of the Trollshaws is published.
- ? - The Manuscripts of J.R.R.T. is issued.
1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987