(Difference between revisions)
m (Bot Message: noinclude for header)
Revision as of 18:56, 7 June 2011
Events which occurred on 1 January.
- 1910 - An entry is written by J.R.R. Tolkien in the first of his preserved diaries.
- 1919 - J.R.R. Tolkien starts a new diary, mainly written in the Alphabet of Rúmil.
- 1926 – E.V. Gordon replaces J.R.R. Tolkien in the Chair of English Language at the University of Leeds.
- 1938 – In a series of lectures aimed at children, J.R.R. Tolkien lectures on Dragons in the University Museum.
- 1941 – J.R.R. Tolkien resigns as Governor of King Edward's School, Birmingham.
- 1956 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to a fan.
- 1970 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 315.
- 1986 – Lord David Cecil, Inkling, dies.
- 1995 - Proceedings of the J.R.R. Tolkien Centenary Conference is published.
- 2002 - A Tolkien Miscellany is published.
- 2003 - The original Tolkien Gateway opens.
- 2006 - Tolkien News is created.
- 2008 - Fantasy novel The Search for the Red Dragon, featuring J.R.R. Tolkien as a fictional character, is published.