Revision as of 12:14, 13 April 2009 by Eldarion Telcontar
Events which occurred on 1 January.
- 1926 – E.V. Gordon replaces J.R.R. Tolkien in the Chair of English Language at the University of Leeds.
- 1938 – In a series of lectures aimed at children, J.R.R. Tolkien lectures on Dragons in the University Museum.
- 1941 – J.R.R. Tolkien resigns as Governor of King Edward's School, Birmingham.
- 1970 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 315.
- 1986 – Lord David Cecil, Inkling, dies.
- 2002 - A Tolkien Miscellany is published.