Revision as of 07:50, 22 August 2020 by Mith
- 1 - Fantasy novel The Search for the Red Dragon, featuring J.R.R. Tolkien as a fictional character, is published.
- 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien's birthday.
- 3 - Birthday Toast
- 3 - The Tolkien Society's Birthday Dinner
- 5 - The Times ranks J.R.R. Tolkien the sixth-best post-war British writer.
- 14 - The Lord of the Rings: The Ultimate Critical Review is released.
- ? - Amon Hen 209 is published.
- 6 - Artist John Alvin dies.
- 7-9 - C.S. Lewis, the Inklings, and the Call to Christian Community conference, featuring Tom Shippey.
- 11 - The Tolkien Estate, The Tolkien Trust and HarperCollins file a lawsuit against New Line Cinema and the Saul Zaentz Company.
- 15 - The Lord of the Rings and the Western Narrative Tradition is published
- 9 - Tolkien's Shorter Works is published.
- 10 - The Lord of the Rings is elected "Best Foreign Book of All Time" in the Netherlands.
- 11 - Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings – Sources of Inspiration is published.
- 25 - Tolkien Reading Day.
- 31 - Tolkien's Gedling is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 210 is published.
- ? - Mallorn 45 is published.
- 24 - Guillermo del Toro is announced as the director of The Hobbit film adaptation and its sequel.
- 28 - Tolkien - min vän Ronald och hans världar is published.
- 1 - Of Words and Worlds is published.
- 23 - The RiffTrax commentary of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is released online.
- ? - Amon Hen 211 is published.
- ? - Lembas Extra: Proceedings of the 5th Unquendor Lustrum is published.
- 1 - Tolkien On Fairy-stories is published.
- 10-13 - Tolkien Thing X.
- ? - Tolkien Studies: Volume 5 is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 212 is published.
- 8 - Tolkien's Oxford is published.
- 25-28 - Oxonmoot 2008.
- ? - The 2008 edition of Tales from the Perilous Realm is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 213 is published.
- 7 - The radio series of Tales from the Perilous Realm is re-released in the US.
- 21 - Fantasy novel The Indigo King, featuring J.R.R. Tolkien as a fictional character, is published.
- 23 - The Spoken Word: British Writers, featuring an interview with J.R.R. Tolkien, is released.
- 1 - The Tolkien Name in History is published.
- 12 - Fantasy, Myth and the Measure of Truth: Tales of Pullman, Lewis, Tolkien, MacDonald and Hoffmann is published.
- 18 - The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria is released.
- 20 - Tolkien, Race and Cultural History: From Fairies to Hobbits is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 214 is published.
- ? (Autumn) - Mallorn 46 is published.
2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011