Revision as of 17:16, 12 June 2011 by Mith
Events which occurred on 23 September.
- 1944 - J.R.R. Tolkien starts writing Letter 81.
- 1960 - Jason Carter, who would voice Glorfindel in The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II is born.
- 1977 - Oxonmoot 1977.
- 1978 - Oxonmoot 1978.
- 1983 - Oxonmoot 1983.
- 1988 - Oxonmoot 1988.
- 1989 - Oxonmoot 1989.
- 1990 - Oxonmoot 1990.
- 1993 - Morgoth's Ring is published in the UK.
- 2000 - Oxonmoot 2000.
- 2001 - Oxonmoot 2001.
- 2004 - There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale, in which Sean Astin describes the shooting of The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy from his perspective, is published.
- 2011 - Oxonmoot 2011 at Lady Margaret Hall.
- T.A. 3001:
- T.A. 3018:
- Four Riders enter the Shire before dawn. The others pursue the Rangers eastward, and then return to watch the Greenway.
- A Black Rider comes to Hobbiton at nightfall.
- Bag End passes to Lobelia Sackville-Baggins and Frodo leaves for Crickhollow with Sam and Pippin.
- After taming Shadowfax, Gandalf leaves Rohan and heads for Rivendell.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.