Revision as of 13:35, 21 October 2020 by Sage
Events that occurred on 24 September.
 On Earth
- 1914 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes the poem The Voyage of Eärendel the Evening Star.
- 1977 - Oxonmoot 1977 at The Welsh Poney.
- 1978 - Oxonmoot 1978 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1982 - Oxonmoot 1982 at the Cotswold Lodge Hotel.
- 1983 - Oxonmoot 1983 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1988 - Oxonmoot 1988 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1989 - Oxonmoot 1989 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1990 - Oxonmoot 1990 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1999 - Oxonmoot 1999 at Exeter College.
- 2000 - Oxonmoot 2000 at St Antony's College.
- 2002 - The GBA version of The Fellowship of the Ring are released in North America.
- 2010 - Oxonmoot 2010 at Lady Margaret Hall.
- 2010 - Lasse Lanta Autumn Meeting of the Austrian Tolkien Society.
- 2011 - Oxonmoot 2011 at Lady Margaret Hall.
- 2017 - Oxonmoot 2017 at St Antony's College.
 In Arda
- T.A. 3018:
- From midnight, Bag End legally passes to the ownership of the Sackville-Baggins Family.
- Frodo, Sam and Pippin have breakfast, and after 10 they continue their walk along the road, up and down the slopes of the Green Hill Country until the top of a steep bank. They stop for lunch.
- Gandalf crosses the Isen.
- The hobbits stop to hide from a Black Rider which troubles them. They continue walking parallel to the road. They join the road around sunset.
- They hide in a tree-stump and have a light meal and rest, and resume by nightfall.
- Gildor Inglorion and his companions return from pilgrimage to the palantír of the Tower Hills to Rivendell.
- Frodo, Sam and Pippin encounter the Nazgûl near Woody End; he flees because of the approaching Elves' chanting. The Hobbits camp with the Elves.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.