Events that occurred on 29 May.
- 1874 - Author G.K. Chesterton is born.
- 1930 - J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Oxford English School" is published in The Oxford Magazine.
- 1945 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 100.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 351.
- 1980 - Poems and Stories is published.
- 1981 - The Atlas of Middle-earth by Karen Wynn Fonstad is published
- 1980 - Actor Adam Brown is born.
- 2002 – The Lambengolmor mailing list goes online.
- 2009 - The first trailer of The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is released.
- There are no known events for this day.