Revision as of 15:35, 3 April 2011 by Mith
Events which occurred on 2 August.
- 1946 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Przemyslaw Mroczkowski.
- 1964 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 258.
- 1966 - J.R.R. Tolkien is interviewed by William Cater.
- 1981 - The twenty-second episode of the [[The Lord of the Rings (1981 radio series)|1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
- 1993 - Mythcon XXIV.
- 1999 - Mythcon XXX.
- 2004 - Mythcon XXXV.
- 2008 - Pauline Baynes, Tolkien's favourite artist, dies.