Revision as of 14:53, 22 July 2011 by Mith
Events that occurred on 2 August
- 1946 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Przemyslaw Mroczkowski.
- 1964 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 258.
- 1966 - J.R.R. Tolkien is interviewed by William Cater.
- 1981 - The twenty-second episode of the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
- 1993 - Mythcon XXIV at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
- 1999 - Mythcon XXX in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- 2004 - Mythcon XXXV at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- 2008 - Pauline Baynes, Tolkien's favourite artist, dies.