Revision as of 22:44, 7 August 2010 by Mithbot
Events which occurred on 30 September.
- 1923 - Musician Donald Swann is born.
- 1944 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 82.
- 1946 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 106.
- 1955 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 170.
- 1964 - Actor Bernard Rebel dies.
- 1997 - The album An Evening in Rivendell is released.
- 2000 - J.R.R. Tolkien and His Literary Resonances is published.
- T.A. 3018:
- Crickhollow is raided by three Black Riders in the early hours and Fatty Bolger alerts the village. The Black Riders run away.
- The Inn at Bree is simultaneously raided but the Black Riders find only pillows in the Hobbits' beds. The ponies are lost.
- Frodo and his companions buy Bill the Pony from Bill Ferny and leave Bree together with Strider.
- Gandalf comes to Crickhollow and sees Frodo's cloak outside. Losing hope, he reaches Bree at night. He meets Barliman Butterbur who apologises and tells him the Hobbits left with Strider.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.