Revision as of 19:47, 8 March 2009 by Ederchil
Events which occurred on 31 October.
- 1914 - The Big Four - Tolkien, Wiseman, Smith and Gilson - plan to meet at Cambridge, and all but Tolkien come. Now under the lead of Barnsley and Barrowclough, the T.C.B.S. begins to crumble.
- 1931 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
- 1948 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 117.
- 1955 – W.H. Auden writes a review of The Lord of the Rings in the New York Times Book Review.
- 1964 - The fourth episode of the Princess-serialization of The Hobbit is published.
- 1967 - The Road Goes Ever On, A Song Cycle is published in the United States.
- 2001 - Tyalie Tyelellieva issue 17 is published.
Note: Months of the Shire Calendar only have 30 days, so no events have nor will happen on the 31st.