Tolkien Gateway

3 Manor Road

(Difference between revisions)
(Is it now 9, not 3?)
m (the original Ardapedia image file was named 09 manor road.jpg, the address is 3 MR of course...)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{Sources}}
 
{{Sources}}
[[File:9 Manor Road.jpg|thumb|9 Manor Road]]
+
[[File:9 Manor Road.jpg|thumb|3 Manor Road]]
 
<b>3 Manor Road</b> in Oxford was the home of [[J.R.R. Tolkien|Ronald]], [[Edith Tolkien|Edith]], and [[Priscilla Tolkien]] from 1947 to 1950. They moved to this terraced house, owned by Merton College, when their previous home, the house at [[20 Northmoor Road]] became too big and costly to maintain after the boys had moved out. But quite soon they found their new home too small: there was no room that Tolkien could use as a study. Merton College promised to offer Tolkien a larger house as soon as one became available. In 1950 the Tolkiens moved to [[99 Holywell Street]].
 
<b>3 Manor Road</b> in Oxford was the home of [[J.R.R. Tolkien|Ronald]], [[Edith Tolkien|Edith]], and [[Priscilla Tolkien]] from 1947 to 1950. They moved to this terraced house, owned by Merton College, when their previous home, the house at [[20 Northmoor Road]] became too big and costly to maintain after the boys had moved out. But quite soon they found their new home too small: there was no room that Tolkien could use as a study. Merton College promised to offer Tolkien a larger house as soon as one became available. In 1950 the Tolkiens moved to [[99 Holywell Street]].
  

Revision as of 03:40, 8 January 2013

"Who told you, and who sent you?" — Gandalf
This article or section needs more/new/more-detailed sources to conform to a higher standard and to provide proof for claims made.
3 Manor Road

3 Manor Road in Oxford was the home of Ronald, Edith, and Priscilla Tolkien from 1947 to 1950. They moved to this terraced house, owned by Merton College, when their previous home, the house at 20 Northmoor Road became too big and costly to maintain after the boys had moved out. But quite soon they found their new home too small: there was no room that Tolkien could use as a study. Merton College promised to offer Tolkien a larger house as soon as one became available. In 1950 the Tolkiens moved to 99 Holywell Street.

References