Revision as of 14:01, 19 March 2012 by J.R.R. Tolkien
Events that occurred on 3 March.
 On Earth
- 1955 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 159 to Charles Williams.
- 1973 - A tobacco bill is submitted to J.R.R. Tolkien, on which he scribbles a note.
- 1983 - The Monsters and the Critics is published in the UK.
 In Arda
- T.A. 3019:
- Frodo, Sam and Gollum cross the plain between the Dead Marshes and the Black Gate.
- Ceorl meets Théoden's band and tells about the defeat.
- Gandalf goes to Isengard and Théoden retreats to Helm's Deep, where the Battle of the Hornburg ensues.
- The Ents, led by Treebeard, change the course of Isen and complete the destruction of Isengard.