Revision as of 14:02, 1 July 2010 by Ederchil
Events which occurred on 4 August.
- 1941 - Martin Jarvis, who would voice Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings: Conquest, is born.
- 1953 – J.R.R. Tolkien is angry over the fact that an editor at Allen and Unwin has corrected dwarves to dwarfs, elvish to elfish, further to farther, and worst of all, elven to elfin.
- 1953 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 138.
- 1965 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 275.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 353.
- 2007 - Author Timothy J. Wheeler dies.