Revision as of 10:51, 10 August 2010 by Mithbot
Events which occurred on 4 August.
- 1941 - Martin Jarvis, who would voice Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings: Conquest, is born.
- 1953 – J.R.R. Tolkien is angry over the fact that an editor at Allen and Unwin has corrected dwarves to dwarfs, elvish to elfish, further to farther, and worst of all, elven to elfin.
- 1953 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 138.
- 1965 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 275.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 353.
- 2003 - The Lord of the Rings and Philosophy: One Book to Rule Them All is published.
- 2007 - Author Timothy J. Wheeler dies.