Revision as of 19:54, 7 June 2011 by Mith
Events which occurred on 4 February
- 1933 - C.S. Lewis writes to lifelong friend Arthur Greeves on The Hobbit, saying "Since term began [on January 15] I have had a delightful time reading a children's story which Tolkien has just written . . . Whether it is really good (I think it is until the end) is of course another question: still more, whether it will succeed with modern children" (They Stand Together, collected letters from Lewis to Greeves, ed. Walter Hooper, No. 183).
- 1937 - J.R.R. Tolkien's poem "The Dragon's Visit" is published in The Oxford Magazine.
- 1938 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 22.
- 1971 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 321.
- 2010 - West of the Mountains, East of the Sea and There and Back Again: The Map of the Hobbit are published.