(Difference between revisions)
m (Bot Message: Removed gap)
Revision as of 20:55, 7 June 2011
Events which occurred on 5 June.
- 1946 - John Bach, who would play Madril in The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy, is born.
- 1955 – Harvey Breit writes an article on Tolkien in the New York Times Book Review. Breit tells of "Dr. Tolkein", and contains many more errors. Tolkien sends an angry letter to him.
- 1959 - J.R.R. Tolkien delivers the Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 352.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to James A.H. Murray.
- 2003 - Andy Serkis wins the MTV Movie Award for "Best Animated Character", for his role as Gollum. His immortal acceptance speech would win the 2004 Hugo Award for "Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form".
- 2004 - Lord of the Rings Symphony at Atlanta Symphony Hall, Georgia.
- 2008 - Forodrim's 36th birthday celebration.
- There are no known events for this day.