Revision as of 19:06, 24 June 2011 by Mith
Events that occurred on 5 June.
- 1946 - Actor John Bach is born.
- 1955 – Harvey Breit writes an article on Tolkien in the New York Times Book Review. Breit tells of "Dr. Tolkein", and contains many more errors. Tolkien sends an angry letter to him.
- 1959 - J.R.R. Tolkien delivers the Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 352.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to James A.H. Murray.
- 2003 - Andy Serkis wins the MTV Movie Award for "Best Animated Character", for his role as Gollum. His immortal acceptance speech would win the 2004 Hugo Award for "Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form".
- 2004 - Lord of the Rings Symphony at Atlanta Symphony Hall, Georgia.
- 2008 - Forodrim's 36th birthday celebration.
- There are no known events for this day.