Revision as of 14:02, 12 March 2011 by Mith
Events which occurred on 6 March.
- 1941 - J.R.R. Tolkien starts writing letter 43.
- 1955 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 160.
- 1969 - Scholar Gergely Nagy is born.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 348.
- 1996 - Simon Cadell, who voiced Celeborn in the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings, dies.
- 2002 – Fan site Council of Elrond goes online.
- 2002 - "Mines of Moria", the second set in The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game, is released.
- 2004 - The second day of RingCon IV in Seattle.
- 2010 - The Tolkien Society's Smials Day in Leeds.
- T.A. 3019:
- Frodo, Sam and Gollum travel towards Ithilien.
- Gandalf travels with Pippin along the White Mountains towards Minas Tirith.
- Aragorn is overtaken by the Grey Company in the early hours of the day.
- Théoden and the éoherë leave for Harrowdale and travel across the plains of Rohan. Aragorn leaves later, but takes a faster route through the mountains.