Revision as of 10:30, 2 June 2012 by Morgan
Events that occurred on 6 March
- 1940 - Hans-Jörg Modlmayr is born.
- 1941 - J.R.R. Tolkien starts writing Letter 43.
- 1955 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 160.
- 1969 - Scholar Gergely Nagy is born.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 348.
- 1996 - Voice actor Simon Cadell dies.
- 2002 – Fan site Council of Elrond goes online.
- 2002 - "Mines of Moria", the second set in The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game, is released.
- 2004 - The second day of "RingCon IV" in Seattle.
- 2010 - The Tolkien Society's Smials Day in Leeds.
- T.A. 3019:
- Frodo, Sam and Gollum travel towards Ithilien.
- Gandalf travels with Pippin along the White Mountains towards Minas Tirith.
- Aragorn is overtaken by the Grey Company in the early hours of the day.
- Aragorn uses the Orthanc-stone and reveals himself to the enemy.
- Théoden and the éoherë leave for Harrowdale and travel across the plains of Rohan. Aragorn leaves later, but takes a faster route through the mountains.