Revision as of 17:01, 2 August 2011 by Amroth
Events that occurred on 6 October.
 On Earth
- 1901 - Actor Bernard Rebel is born.
- 1940 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 40.
- 1944 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 83.
- 1968 - Out of the Frying-pan into the Fire, the second episode of the 1968 radio series of The Hobbit, is aired on BBC Radio.
- 1984 - Oxonmoot 1984 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 2006 - The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide is published.
- 2007 - Cair Andros, a feast of the Ellinikós Sýllogos Philon Tólkin.
- 2010 - The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is released in Australia.
 In Arda
- T.A. 3018:
- The travellers climb Weathertop at noon. They find Gandalf's stone.
- The camp under Weathertop is raided at night, and Frodo is attacked by the Witch-king who attempts to hit his heart with a Morgul blade that will make him a wraith. Frodo wears the Ring and is wounded on the shoulder.
- Gandalf hurries towards Rivendell after the Black Riders attacked him on Weathertop.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.
- T.A. 3019:
- At the crossing of the Ford of Bruinen, Frodo feels the first return of pain from his stab wound.
- T.A. 3020:
- Frodo feels the pain return again.
- T.A. 3021: